Acupuncture therapy has been practiced with great success for thousands of years for patients suffering from chronic pain, headaches, stomach issues, menstrual cramps, and fertility problems.
Even though this technique has shown proven results and can improve your health significantly, you need to assess if you need to take it or not. Before you schedule an appointment with our acupuncture specialist, we would recommend asking yourself whether you need it or not. No doubt, acupuncture therapy certainly has its advantages, but there are some disadvantages linked to it as well.
Let’s help you understand what you need to consider when you book an appointment for acupuncture therapy in Kanata.
- Acupuncture helps you feel relaxed. Pricking needles on the pressure points specific to your condition helps in relieving you from pain and stress. Data shows that Acupuncture creates an increase in serotonin, dopamine, and endorphins,which help in enhancing your mood.
- No drugs or chemicals are used in acupuncture. Therefore there are little to no side effects of acupuncture therapy. This natural therapy also helps in balancing the body’s energy levels.
- Even though the practice uses pricking needles in the skin, a trained acupuncture specialist can make the treatment painless. There is strong overwhelming evidence that acupuncture is a high-quality treatment for chronic pain and a wide range of health conditions.
Now let’s deep dive into the disadvantages of acupuncture therapy
- Acupuncture may temporarily worsen certain symptoms before the situation improves. This is a rare situation but it is good to be aware of. If your body energy levels are imbalanced, your body may experience changes and sensations which is quite normal.
- You may undergo the treatment and still see no improvement. We usually suggest our patients take a few sittings of acupuncture therapy in our clinic to see better results. It also depends on the condition. If the condition is chronic or needs a holistic approach, you may need 4 to 8 visits a month for several months.
- Dizziness, nausea or strong fatigue can occur after an Acupuncture session. This is usually if the patient has not eaten before acupuncture therapy or has over exercised prior to the treatment. Be sure to inform your Acupuncturist of any recent changes or long term issues with mood and energy before your treatment in order to ensure the best results.
It is our expectation that this article will help you understand the pros and cons of acupuncture therapy.
PhysioExperts offers physiotherapy in Kanata for sports-related injuries. For appointments, call us at (613) 672 6000 or email us at email@example.com