A sound mind resides in a healthy body and a healthy body needs to be taken care of. Physiotherapists at PhysioExperts help people of all ages who are facing health issues caused by injury, illness or disability through movement, exercise and manual therapy. Our goal is to help patients suffering from pain or discomfort to achieve independence and live a pain-free life.
Our team of skilled physiotherapists are licensed & trained healthcare professionals with the sole purpose of helping patients get rid of pain and restore mobility.
Physiotherapy is a drug-free treatment with no side-effects. It has shown positive results in patients suffering from paralysis to get back on their feet. Patients with serious sports injuries and post-surgeries have recovered with ease. Physiotherapy can be performed in hospitals, private clinics, outpatient clinics, work/office settings, nursing homes and through home health agencies.
Physiotherapy has two important phases:
First, the comprehensive assessment which is performed with the goal of helping patients better understand their functional limitations, disabilities or any other health-related related issues. The examinations we offer are:
- Neurological examinations (e.g. stroke, multiple sclerosis and Parkinson’s)
- Neuromuscular examinations (e.g. back pain, whiplash associated disorder, sports injuries and arthritis)
- Cardiovascular examinations (e.g. chronic heart disease and rehabilitation after a heart attack)
- Respiratory examinations (e.g. asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and cystic fibrosis)
The second important step is to relieve the patients’ impairments or functional limitations through therapeutic treatment. We are also involved in:
- Recognizing the risk factors in an occupation that may lead to injury in future
- Promoting fitness, health, and a good quality of life
- Getting involved in consultation, education, and research
How does a physiotherapist achieve this?
We as physiotherapists, strive to make sure that you get the most proactive treatments that meet your body’s needs. There are 3 ways through which we do it:
ELECTROTHERAPY: This process involves increasing the range of motion of joints and muscles using electronic equipment. These therapies include:
- Interferential Therapy (IFT)
- Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation (TENS)
- Ultrasonic Therapy (TENS)
- Electrical Stimulation
- Hot Packs
THERAPEUTIC EXERCISES: These exercises have a strong emphasis on planned physical movements in order to stop impairments and increase mobility. These therapies include:
- Aerobic endurance, conditioning and reconditioning
- Balance and coordination training
- Body mechanics and postural awareness training
- Movement pattern training
- Relaxed passive movements
- Active- assistive exercises
MOBILIZATION AND SPECIAL TECHNIQUES: This process is an advanced science which incorporates dynamic techniques to relieve joint pain and increase mobility. These therapies include:
- Mobilization and Manipulation of joints
- Soft tissue mobilization
- Neural tension techniques
- Proprioceptive training
- Neurodevelopmental & Sensory integration approaches
Thus, physiotherapy provides a complete and full treatment plan after a complete assessment and examination of the patient.
For more information about physiotherapy Call us now (613) 672 6000 or Book Online at PhysioExperts!