- Doctor PARVEEN KUMAR REG. PT.
- Category Treatment
- Location 462 Hazeldean Road, Unit 3, Kanata, Ontario K2L 1V3
A concussion is a brain injury triggered by a blow to the head, this causes the brain to move around in the skull which may result in swelling, chemical changes and brain damage. Although concussions generally heal within 1-2 weeks, during this period many complications can occur. Typically, patients with concussions suffer form, dizziness, persistent headaches, nausea, ringing in ears, neck pain, and they may have difficulty concentrating.
Signs and Symptoms:
- Difficulty concentrating
- Decrease in memory
- Personality changes
- Heightened emotions
- Changes in sleep patterns
- Clumsy or off balance
- Balance/coordination training
- Vestibular training for giddiness symptoms
- Active Rehabilitation Program – for renewal of autonomic nervous system balance
- Manual therapy for neck pain and headaches
Physical therapistsare well trained and have a lot experience treating concussions. Your physical therapist will work with your physician to develop a personalized program to suit your needs and goals for recovering from a concussion.
To know more about Concussion Rehabilitation Call us now or Book Online at PhysioExperts!