- Doctor PARVEEN KUMAR REG. PT.
- Category Treatment
- Location 462 Hazeldean Road, Unit 3, Kanata, Ontario K2L 1V3
A stroke is a medical emergency which occurs when the blood supply to your brain is interrupted or reduced. This causes a lack of oxygen and nutrients to reach the brain whichleads to the death of brain cells. Emergency treatment is crucial. An early diagnosis along with quick and effective treatment will minimize the brain damage and potential complications that are associated with a stroke. Like many medical conditions, strokes can be prevented and treated.
- Blurred, blackened or double vision
- Dizziness or lack of coordination
- Difficulty speaking (trouble with making proper sentences)
- Numbness in face, arm or leg
- Felling unconscious
Types of Stroke
- Ischemic stroke – occurs when the arteries leading to your brain are blocked or tightened which reduces the blood flow to the brain
- Hemorrhagic stroke – occurs when blood vessels leak or break
- Transient ischemic attack (TIA) – Commonly known as a“mini” stroke,this occurs when there is a temporary decrease in blood supply to the brain
- Controlling high blood pressure (hypertension): Exercise, eat healthy and avoid alcohol or smoking
- Consume less Cholesterol: Eat less salt, ask your doctor about low fat diets
- Quitting tobacco/Alcohol/drugs: Quit smoking and quitting alcohol or drugs reduces your risk of a getting a stroke
- Controlling diabetes: Through regular exercising, proper food, sleep and meditation
- Eat fresh fruits and vegies: Consume essential vitamins and proteins to keep yourself up and running and healthy
- Exercising regularly: Indulge yourself with exercise like swimming, jogging etc. for more than 30 minutes/day
For more information about StrokesCall us now or Book Online at PhysioExperts!