- Doctor PARVEEN KUMAR REG. PT.
- Category Treatment
- Location 462 Hazeldean Road, Unit 3, Kanata, Ontario K2L 1V3
Temporomandibular Joint Dysfunction (TMD) is the common cause of temporomandibular joint (TMJ) deterioration. This can lead to jaw clenching, malalignment of teeth, poor posture, trauma, lockjaw, and surgery. At physio experts our physiotherapists are trained to treat TMD disorder and its symptoms.
- Locking a jaw
- Popping/clicking sounds in your jaw
- Jaw pain and/or inflammation
- Jaw fatigue
- Disk problems
- Unable to eat or drink due to difficulty in opening the mouth
- A headache
The pain associated with TMD results from inflammation, cervical or thoracic arthritis, psychosocial factors such as chronic stress, anxiety, depression, trauma to the joint, joint laxity and muscle tightness or trigger points.
The Physical therapists will conduct a test to evaluate your jaw and neck by thoroughly examining the function of the TMJ. Based on the assessment, the physical therapist will provide the patient with a treatment plan. Then treatments like manual therapy and modalities to recover gesture and decrease pain will be performed. Patients will also work with the physical therapist on joint protection and home exercise programs.
- Relaxation and self-management methods
- Elasticity and postural firming
- Skilled utilization
- Therapeutic use of ultrasound, iontophoresis, ice/heat, and electrical stimulation
For more information about TMJ Rehabilitation Call us now or Book Online at PhysioExperts!